Tuesday, September 16, 2008

6 Months already





Can you believe I am almost 6 months old? I am growing so big. I am rolling over both ways now and can almost sit up by myself. Before you know it I will be crawling. August and September have been exciting months for me. I got TWO TEETH back when I was 4 months old, my two bottom teeth. Everyone was so surprised. I guess I’m an over achiever and started a little early. My mom thinks I’m teething again, so it should be anytime before I get my upper teeth too. I also started eating solid foods. My mom started me out on rice cereal which was way to boring for me. I spit it out every time. I then had green beans, peas, squash, sweet potatoes and carrots. They are yummy. Peas and sweat potatoes are my favorite. I started fruit this week too. Bananas are not my favorite I hope they get better.

Things are so fun and exciting. I figured out that I have a tongue. I love it. It makes the coolest noises. I wake up making noises and I like to talk and see how many different sounds I can make. I also found my feet. They are so cool. I love to play with them and I love to try and eat my toes. Right now I like to put everything in my mouth. It’s great.

We’ve also done some fun things too. I went on my first airplane ride. It was really fun and I was really good. We went to Las Vegas. That was a lot of fun. . .I loved to watch the people. We went to go and see my Grandma and Grandpa get a really special award. I was so glad that I could be there with them. To think that it was a year ago at that time that my mom and dad were surprising everyone and telling them I would be here soon. I also got to see my Aunt Kathi. She is a really cool lady. She was really excited to see me.

When we got back from Las Vegas my mom went back to work. She was really sad and cried for two weeks straight. I tried to let her know that I would be okay. My dad worked his schedule so he can play with me a couple days a week and then I go to Mrs. Kathy’s house a couple days a week. I love Mrs. Kathy. She is so great and treats me really good. I also love the kids. They are really fun to watch.

Last but not least we also went camping up in the Uintahs at Christmas Meadows. It was so much fun. We went with Shane, Heather, Adam, Hannah, Bryson and Holden. They are so much fun and love me a lot. It was beautiful right by the river. We had a camp fire, which I loved and we woke up at night to coyotes howling. We can’t wait to go again.

I go to my 6 month check up on Monday. That should be fun.

I love you all,
Xerika

7 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Melissa!
So much fun catching up with you yesterday! Glad your dad is feeling better. Cannot wait to see you in a month! We shall talk & the boys golf! Cannot wait to Xerika! She is sooo cute! Love all your adorable pictures! I bet it was a blast camping with crazy Heather! She just cracks me up! We will call when it gets closer to coming to UT. Love you & miss you all - Lisa

steve and lisa said...

Cannot wait to see adorable Xerika is what I meant to say! Ughh Cannot even talk in full sentences!! Lisa

Jill said...

Cute pics of Xerika. She's darling. 6 months already, going by fast!

I got called as RS Secretary today, and Diane Anderson was called as first counsler. Was able to meet her husband(your old boss) for the first time and he was so nice and said to tell y'all Hi. Diane is so sweet and I'm so excited to work with her.

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Hey you guys. I am so glad I found your blog. I hope you don't mind but I linked it to mine so I can check in on you every now and then. Love Xerica. Cute lil precious! Brandy

steve and lisa said...

Congrats on the new calling and the fun split ward! You will love it! So excited to see you guys! Love Lisa

Justin, Amy and our Girls said...

Hi Melissa, your pictures are so cute of all of you. I miss you guys. I never see you or hear from you. We both need to be better and keep in touch. Xerika is so cute. Tell Brady hi. Hope you hear from you soon. Love you lots.
Amy

steve and lisa said...

Melissa
THANKS SO MUCH for letting us crash at your house! Cannot believe how much Xerika is growing up! She is so dang cute!
Thanks for the pancake recipe! I made it for the kids this morning at the crack of dawn - oh, everyday is the crack of dawn! THEY LOVE THEM!! We are still planning on next summer - the big trip! LOVE YOU GUYS! MISS YOU SO MUCH!! Love Lisa
Next trip will be longer!
And, we are planning on the trip next spring to Seattle!! So much FUN!! So many trips to look forward to!